- Just how personal can you be when telling a connection story?
- Don’t try to change someone’s mind, do this instead
- Master the art of collecting stories with these resources
- Improve the effectiveness of what you do with feedback loops and stories
- Beat business jargon by using stories to counter smart-talk
- Discovering your strategy with a business strategy story
- The Value of Stories in Successful Project Delivery
- Storytelling sales techniques: no story, no sale
- How to use story skills for great causes
- How to capture stories using places and props
- Why your business should be selling through storytelling
- Storytelling skills around the world: who can spot stories the best?
- 11 Gift Ideas for the Storyteller in Your Life
- How management by wandering around (MBWA) helps with change management
- Storytelling skills: how to build your story repertoire
- Mix science and storytelling: tell stories about experiments
- How to practice storytelling while getting real work done
- Storytelling in business and the effectiveness of ‘pizza’ meetings
- Business storytelling methods for lawyers and law firms
- Storytelling: enhancing your sales force effectiveness
Guest Blog by Paul Corney
We are surplus food brokers, if you like, ‘the Uber of surplus food’. We inspire and help connect businesses with charities to give surplus food to people who need it.
As a social network and registered charity knowledge is at the heart of everything Plan Zheroes does: we need to know who has surplus food and when; who needs it and when; who can help transport it and when and finally; what impact has it made to those who’ve used the surplus food? Possessing knowledge is not enough; facilitation and community engagement are the skills that can transform that knowledge into action.
Though the founders had created collateral, a food map and a brand presence, scalability and transferability were a challenge. The founding board of trustees recognised the importance of learning for doing and capturing as you go so from day one much of the modus operandi has been based on knowledge management principles allied to good community engagement.
Using many of the techniques that help underpin a knowledge driven business Plan Zheroes is now well down the path towards being able to easily:
- Induct new volunteers and workers
- Cope with the expected and unexpected departures that characterise charity work
- Call upon its body of knowledge (held virtually) when making decisions or running events
- Feed learning’s from events and decisions back into its processes
Plan Zheroes’ knowledge is consolidated into a virtual platform which facilities the identification and redistribution of surplus food from the hospitality and food retail sectors to the charities who help feed those who are struggling to feed themselves and their families.
Inside Knowledge Magazine
Our latest blog